Friday, November 23, 2012

Interview questions Deutsche Bank

Question:

How would you rate us against our competitors?

Answer given:

In conducting my market research when embarking on my job hunt, I obviously took a close look not only at your company but also at your competitors. I’m aware that some of your competitors have a larger market share, higher turnover and higher profits but what struck me about your company was its outstanding reputation for customer service and customer care. Some of your competitors may have a larger share of the market for the time being but, judging by the number of disgruntled customers posting their comments on the Internet, I’m convinced that I can work with you to ensure that we end up overtaking them. You’ve clearly focused on quality and reputation above all else, knowing that if you get this right then the profits will follow. That’s a strategy I agree with wholeheartedly.

Question: 

What do you find most satisfying about your current job?

Answer given: 

That’s a difficult question – because there’s a lot I like about my current job. I want to move on because I’m looking for a new and greater challenge – not because I dislike my current job. But to tell you what I enjoy most about it, I’d say that I enjoy giving direct support to senior management in a way that really makes a difference. The contribution I make is vital to their ability to make key financial decisions which ultimately influence the overall success of the business. I enjoy the challenge; I enjoy the responsibility and I enjoy the methodical and precise approach which is necessary for me to deliver the information the management rely upon.

Question:

Have you been tempted to leave your current employers before?

Answer given:

No, it’s not the first time I’ve considered moving on. An opportunity did previously arise via my network. However, at the time I still felt sufficiently challenged in my role and still had plenty of things I wanted to achieve. So I declined the offer. Clearly, things are different now and I feel ready to embrace a new challenge.

Question: 

What is your relationship like with your current employer?

Answer given:

I have no complaints. I’m happy with the way they operate and with the way they treat me and the way they treat their staff in general. They’re good employers. They’ve taught me a lot; I’ve gained a lot of experience and I feel appreciated by them for the results I achieve and, generally, as a member of their team. I do feel that they’re perhaps not as fast-moving and progressive as they could be which is probably my main reason for wishing to move on and join an organisation such as yours.

Question:

Wouldn’t you be better suited to working for another organisation?

Answer:

It’s true to say that I have generally worked for larger companies. However, whilst larger companies have certain advantages over smaller ones, they also have certain disadvantages. Your company may not be the biggest in the sector but you clearly have a reputation as one of the most progressive. The company is evolving and developing rapidly, undoubtedly helped by the fact that you are smaller than some others. It makes you more manoeuvrable. I’d like to play a part in capitalising on that manoeuvrability to help the company become one of the biggest in the sector. I want to work for an organisation which is forward-thinking and isn’t afraid to tackle new challenges, unlike some of the larger companies I have previously worked with.

No comments:

Post a Comment