Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Interview at ICICI Bank

My interview at ICICI Bank for the position of private banker started with the HR round. The thing about the private banking is that most of the time an individual is required to interact with high net worth individual. Therefore the HR was looking for someone who will be at ease in such situation. The HR started by asking about my previous organizations and my work in them. What were the key performance indicators that I used to focus on in my earlier organizations and also why I left them. Then she asked me about my strength and weakness, how I leverage them in advancing my career and the quarterly review that I got from the HR in my previous organization. Plus there were question relating to my family back ground and if I will be willing to relocate it I am asked too.

After this the business round happened with business heads of private banking. The questions were focused around the revenue generation, my client base that I handled in my previous organizations and my knowledge relating to the various financial products. The prime focus of this whole round was to understand the knowledge level of the candidate in terms of various products that bank offers to its clients as well as to see if the candidate is able to convey the salient features of the products to the clients or not. The other aspect of this round was to see the kind of book-size that the client will be able to bring to the bank, thereby increasing the size of asset under management of the bank.

I had a good experience so far as the interview is concerned. I got the chance to not only show my ability to convince the clients about the profitability of the products that bank was offering as investment avenues but also show that I am able to handle queries well. I was also able to show that I am already handling a very healthy book-size and if given the opportunities I will be able to enhance the AUM as well as the client base of the bank. There by contributing to the overall productivity of the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment